Sunday 7 December 2008

Changing designer

OK, I know it's been a long time but I have decided to move the design to wxDevCpp (http://wxdsgn.sf.net).

The reason is simple, I am one of the design team of wxDevCpp, whereas I was beta testing the wxForm designer. The consequence to this is that I have access to the source code of the designer, so I can extend it as I need.

This is the opposite to wxForms where as a user I have to wait until its author is able to implement changes and fix bugs.

Consequently I have decided to re-implement the current dialogs in wxDevCpp.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a very good debugger, so I hope to use the VS2005/8 IDE to do the debugging at a later stage.

Initially I need to get the program working as it was and then continue the development.

I have set myself the aim of having something usable before the end of the year. Perhaps not a fully functioning program, but something I can use to edit save and print screenplays.

No comments: