Saturday 21 March 2009

And unfortunately....

Changes in wxRTC between 2.8.7 and now have seriously screwed up my initiation code.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like I will have time to find out what caused the change, so I have given some thought as to the program.

Do I still want to do a Sophocles like program? Or should I make it more like a word processor? By this I mean should the user be allowed to change the background colour/font for the edit window? Why not? I decided to allow the user to do this, since I like it. It also means that the division of a screenplay can be easily seen. I am not sure exactly how I will implement this yet, but I think it should be do-able.

Do I stick with wxRTC or should I try and design a custom component? I actually think that a custom component will be the way to go here, since I should be able to design it in such a way that I can use it in wxWidgets doc/view system.

I'll need to give some thought to how best to do this, but I think attempting to push through some wxAui doc/view classes would be the way to go.

I'll have to start working on a doc/view program soon.

ttfn

No comments: